Natural Organic Living Shop & Store
Hydrate & Rehydrate with Water
Water or H2O is nature’s gift, one of the most important gifts that every living creature – man, plants & animals – NEED Daily. One thing, we cannot LIVE WITHOUT. Did you know that according to studies & research (please do your own research too) our body is composed of at least 60% water, some are saying 75% of our body is composed of water. Do you believe it?
What does it do?
In my personal experience, Michelle here, it makes me healthier. I feel healthier, I look healthier, it now shows on my skin & my hair plus my nails are stronger, they’re not breaking easily anymore. Before I went back to the Philippines last year to attend my Father’s Burial, my skin was quite dry (which I thought weren’t) and my hair was very dry (this I know). I have never drunk as much water as I have since my return. before I used to drink at least 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning, where I sometimes add lemon juice or zest in it. Afterwards, I then only had a gulp or two for the rest of the day and night.
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
When I think of it now, it was quite scary especially for my well-being! My other reason for not drinking more water is because I thought that I had enough liquid in my diet through our food, soup, coffee, milk and fruit juices, I was very wrong.
Do you know the saying “You can lead a horse to a water but you can’t make it drink”? My husband, Scott, my sister and everyone who knew who felt that I wasn’t drinking enough water have TOLD ME & ADVISED me many times that I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER.
But did I listen? My answer then was NO. It’s not because I didn’t believe them that it’s good for me, it’s just that because I just didn’t like drinking it then 🙁 I didn’t like the taste of water then. No offense to my husband & my sister, it was only then that I started to drink it again as many times a day now when my Mama forced me to drink it when I was back in the Philippines.
I have my Loving Father to thank for. I suppose sometimes, one person can actually make you do things that you don’t like even though you know already that if you do what they asked you to do will bring good to you.
Did this ever happen to you too? I couldn’t be more thankful & grateful with my Mama for having me MAKE me drink more water now. It also shows that our Mother has very strong influence in our lives, don’t you think? in mine anyway in this matter and some other.
What does Water do and have that makes it very important so our body functions well, as it should? What are the benefits from Drinking the recommended amounts daily? I read at Authority Nutrition and found out that WATER
- Maximizes our Physical Performance It means that staying hydrated especially when you live in Hot Tropical Humid climate or when you’re exercising rigorously, you can perform better. Dehydration leads to ‘laziness’, reduces your motivation and causes body fatigue, lethargy. Try it yourself and see how you feel if you don’t drink enough water during the day.
- Major Effect on Energy Levels & Brain Function Less water leads to altered mood and affects concentration, affects memory and can cause high frequency of headaches.
- May help to Prevent and Treat Headaches Some headaches are caused by dehydration, in this case, water can treat headaches.
- May relieve Constipation, may help treat kidney stones & hang over Dinking enough H2O can prevent constipation & hangover. It may also treat kidney stones by flushing it slowly from the kidney. Please talk with your trusted Doctor when you have kidney problems, kidney stones, etc. It may not be as good for you if you drink too much water a day. Water helps flush out toxins from our body and replace ‘dirty’ water from our body out replacing with clean one. It also helps prevent and treat hang over because alcohol causes dehydration, it acts as diuretic. You tend to urinate more when you drink.
- Water helps you lose weight and maintain it Water can increase satiety and boosts our bodies metabolic rate
There are many other benefits of drinking H2O to our health and this includes maintaining the balance of our body fluids. Where these functions includes digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients and maintenance of our body temperature. Read more here and please do more research
Before we finish off, we’d like to know if you’ve had a try drinking salt water in the morning? This is quite interesting, have a read here and let us know what you think. We’re investigating it.
PS: Don’t just follow us.. Please observe your body when you start drinking LESS, MORE or ENOUGH H2O Daily.. Do more readings.. Drink Hydrate & Perform better.. Live Well..